Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hi on a Saturday!


Welcome visitors! I've now had over 600 visitors to my profile - and lots of e-mails from fellow bloggers. I'm adding a picture from Brokeback again - just because I feel like it!
There have been two TV programmes this week I'd recommend - The First Emperor about the creation of China as one nation, and this evening a programme about the Celts. These are the people who were the inhabitants of the British Isles when Julius Caesar dropped in as a visitor before the birth of Christ. Interesting they were immigrants from elsewhere (like modern Britain really 2000 years ago Britain was a multi cultural country). This is Channel 4 doing what it does best - cultural and educational programmes in an entertaining way.
I'm now reading another Bernice Rubens - and as usual it is full of odd perspectives on people living on the edge of normal society, behaving in an obsessional way.
I bet get reading fast though - bird flu is sweeping across Europe and should shut the country down by late March, making us all escape into quarantine - I'll be stocking up in preparation very soon.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The whole bird flu thing is creepy. I'd be going crazy if I were over in Europe. Hopefully there won't be too many affected by it.