Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blog 79!!!

Seems strange that I've already produced 79 blogs. AND there have been 660 visitors to my profile - nice to have so many visitors!
I went to my book group last night. We had read Bernice Rubens' 'The Elected Member'. We all seemed to enjoy it, apart from C who thought it was just too gloomy and harrowing and couldn't finish it. It was a hard read, and quite challenging. I also read Ms Rubens' 'Mr Wakefield's Crusade'. I probably enjoyed that more. I think I've now read five of her novels. Her best (to my mind) was 'The Sergeant's Tale'. All her books are about people living at the margins or on the edge - sometimes of insanity. Worthwhile reading though, always has something interesting to say.
Our next book is 'Arthur & George' by Julian Barnes.
I'm currently reading the latest book by Simon Brett 'The Witness at the Wedding'. All his books are so easy to read - but gripping too. They are true murder mysteries of the old style.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Apologies for being tardy with a return comment but I've finally got around to it.

What's the nature of your illness, Steve? You refer to nebulisers and that - asthmatic? Is that why you can't have cats?

Steve Middleton said...

Thanks for your comment Richard. Looking at your blog I can see that you've had enough to worry about without writing a blog! I've written something on your blog & hope I'll become a regular visitor too.

Jeff said...

Steve - Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog!

I estimate it will take me about a month to get mine completely up and running.

Were you referring to your blog's template (format) when you said, "Look foward to this blog - I need help! My blog is just too dull"?

Actually, I think your blog is rather engaging!