Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday 18th January

I am going to try to write a few comments daily - I don't know if anyone will respond though - lets see!
Today was drizzly and dull in East London. My nebuliser was overdue its' service so I had to drive to the London Chest Hospital. It seemed to take forever. The traffic was really heavy, and all the alternative routes seemed equally as bad. There were a couple of large women sat outside the physiotherapy department waiting for some piece of equipment or other and insisted on giving every Asian doctor a wolf whistle as they passed by. I was content to read my copy of 'White Mischief' - a fascinating analysis of the murder of Earl Errol in World War II. I was pleased to get a replacement set of mouthpiece and tubes and filters for the nebuliser.
Had a drift around W H Smiths and Borders Books at Gallions Reach - but couldn't find three books in the 3 for 2 offer that made it worth my while!
Returned for lunch and a letter from J - always a pleasure. Several e-mails, including a review of Brokeback Mountain 'moving, tender and graphic (phew) but beautifully photographed and acted - very Ang Lee. I loved it.... the tears were falling'. Thanks to Ja. Perhaps too much of a gut wrencher for me - anyone else got a review?
Spent a couple of hours this evening assisting A with his job application. Caught the end of Sheila Hancock's Family History programme. Fascinating stuff - but I don't think researching my family's past would reveal anything fascinating!

No comments: