Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy Saturday

Must be a feature of my age but weekends now seem to be dominated by cleaning the flat and doing the washing! Although there was a good play on Radio 4 this afternoon, and Any Answers really annoyed me (as usual). I hadn't realised how many fascists still lived in Britain. There was an interesting discussion on aging parents though - with Gordon Brown about to produce a second child at 55. The panel thought this was great, but as one caller said, would they take the same view if a woman was giving birth at 55. I think not - the usual double standards.
Don't start me on the Respect agenda!
Lots of letters today - which was nice. Also more e-mails about the picture of my Junior School.
Visit from D this evening - hadn't seen them in months. He always cheers me up though.
Just noticed that the ad for this page (at the moment) is about Family History. Very suitable choice - in view of my occupation!

1 comment:

tahin said...

Do you remember "Adriana Iliescu"? Romanian woman Professor, she gave birth to her child at 67 year old. Great courage. I support her, whatever the others say!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriana_Iliescu