Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy & Glorious!!!!




Lets wish the Queen a very happy 80th birthday! I was born shortly before the death of her late father so really I known no one else as a monarch. I first saw her when I was just over 6 years old when she shot past my school at about 40mph and we were all lined up outside furiously waving. Then I saw her again in Manchester when she opened the Bridgewater Hall and I was at the gala opening concert (she looked very bored!) and more recently when she came to visit Green Street in Upton Park for her Golden Jubilee and the little Nigerian boy who gave her a bunch of flowers was hopping with excitement as she spent about three minutes talking to him! I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head! I was also in the crowd outside St Paul's and outside Buckingham Palace on Jubilee Day 2002. A true day to remember!

This doesn't mean that Britain shouldn't be a Republic - because it should - but maybe after Elizabeth II dies we might finally all become adults and citizens rather than subjects.

In the meanwhile - happy birthday your madge.

No comments: