Sunday, April 02, 2006

Anna Karenina


I haven't really been someone who would normally tackle a big Russian novel - but a friend suggested Anna Karenina was a good read. And IT IS!!!! I've very quickly got into the book, and can picture the characters in my head. I'm addicted and whipping through it rapidly. Anyone else read this book and loved it - or hated it? This translation is especially good - the book isn't cluttered with long Russian names (standardised versions are used) and the language is modern and accessible (without being anacronistic). Comments please!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Anonymous said...

А! Mate. Questo blog è sorprendente. Come faccio a far sembrare questo bene?

Anonymous said...

This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday..