Monday, February 05, 2007

The Archers


Now I'm a great fan of the Archers - even though it regularly infuriates me (and has so many mysteries - like where has the Vicar disappeared to and why does no one ever mention him any longer?).
At the moment though it is going through one of thos dull patches - we're just waiting for Sam to re-appear (or will he be discovered under the newly hardcored track that David seems to be spending his life working on). When will Brian turn up at home farm to discover his lovechild Rory sitting at the kitchen table awaiting the legacy of his birth right?
Why are all the offspring of Jennifer all so totally unsufferable? How come Lord Winston is advising Hayley and Roy on their infertility problem?
Nice touch though that the appalling husband of the diabolical Shula slipped in a plug from DEFRA about precautions for avian flu - must have been inserted at the last moment. I'm sure can all rest easier in our beds knowing that the Ambridge vet has declared us safe. However, I won't be visiting Suffolk or eating fowl for the foreseeable future, and I'll be denuding Tesco's of tinned goods and dried milk tomorrow!

And for all you fans of the Archers I now have a blog devoted entirely to this wonderful series - access through my profile. The blog is called 'The Archers' (what else?)

No comments: