Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hay Fever - we all love Dame Judi!


So I went to see Dame Judi & Peter Bowles in Noel Coward's 'Hay Fever' with the marvellous Belinda Lang on Saturday. Strange that Noel Coward's plays are revived - and so successfully, but they really are timeless - even though so obviously set in the 1930s. I went with my two lovely friends from Manchester, after a trip down the Thames on a warm Friday afternoon. I love living in London - it is a truly wonderful city, especially at this time of year. There is no other city that compares - in my view, even though I don't take enough advantage. I hadn't realised that there was to be a parade of huge wooden animals until my friend from Manchester told me - at which point we were already in the theatre.
I loved this play - I've seen it before on TV & on film - but seeing Dame Judi live cannot be beaten. So funny, so witty, so sharp - I loved it!

No comments: