Sunday, May 07, 2006

American Dreamz


I don't normally like Hugh Grant - too many films playing upper class idiots for my liking - but here he's more down market - the English accent is less public school and more estuary. I enjoyed this film - but not 5 stars, more 3 and a half. I probably enjoyed it more because I seem to have seen so many 'serous' films recently. Although this was a black comedy it didn't slip too far into the darkness, the villains were too stereotypical to be frightening. I did laugh out loud several times, and rather regretted it when Willie Williams & the Hugh Grant character were blown up - which probably indicates that Hugh wasn't really evil enough. On balance worth seeing if there isn't anything more exciting at the multiplex - but is there anything new out this week that compares? Tell me - please!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Meh. Fun, nothing special