Wednesday, July 30, 2008

British International Motor Show - Excel Centre

I've just had a lovely day out at the Motor Show - it only comes to the Excel
Centre in East London only two years. Now I'm not normally a fan of cars (or 'motors' as my Essex compatriots would say), but the Motor Show really is something else. I was entranced by the motor homes - vast houses on wheels, some costing more than my flat! I fell in love with the yachts and motor cruisers (the Excel is adjacent to the old Royal Albert Dock) and I was impressed by the commitment the motor trade seems to have developed to investigating the potential of alternative fuels. I'm not entirely certain that riding around with quantities of hydrogen gas in the boot will ever catch on - I have visions of that famous sequence featuring the destruction of The Hindenberg! There were so many prototypes and products in development on show that maybe there is a future for road transport when the oil runs out.
Despite not being a fan of vehicles this was a really great day out - everything well displayed, lots of activities, things to see and do, and I'd rate it 9/10 as an experience

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the visit and yes, laundry can be fun!
Cheers
dan
www.nudecleaner.blogspot.com

Steve Middleton said...

Thanks for visiting Dan!